As an international architectural firm, UNStudio is active in the broadest fields of architecture. Our projects cover every aspect of architecture, ranging from small- to large-scale projects, research and theory. Our mission is to design for lasting impact and contribute to the societal challenges of urbanization, climate change, ageing populations, and socioeconomic inequality. Driven by purpose and focused on solutions, we create value by designing for the implications of these megatrends on our built environment.
Our offices are located in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Dubai, Melbourne and Austin with over 300 staff from more than 27 countries. The atmosphere within each of them is international, multidisciplinary, design-oriented and ambitious, but also open, non-hierarchical, team-based and friendly, with attention to personal wellbeing, knowledge development and career planning.
We are currently searching for a full-time Sustainability specialist to help shape our industry leading Sustainability Engineering working group.
The group’s focus is on the implementation and the engineering of tangible solutions. You should therefore bring relevant experience, which you will be able to apply to UNStudio’s key international projects.
In this role, your responsibilities will also include overseeing our in-house environmental knowledge, relevant training programs, R&D, and guiding internal consulting of projects. You will also inform the development of workflows and tools (in collaboration with the Design Technology group) and verify these tools against relevant standards.
As we believe a life-cycle approach in decision-making is a key to our growth, you should have knowledge of applying Whole Life Carbon analysis for buildings.
In a constantly changing environment, you should also be aware and stay up-to-date on current market needs, trends and the dynamic regulatory environment in the EU, specifically the European Taxonomy where relevant for the built environment.
• Extensive experience on sustainability integration in building projects.
• Proactive and self-motivated, with a continuous desire to both learn from and mentor others.
• Experience in coordination of non-standard buildings related to its specific sustainable solutions.
• Excellent in-depth technical knowledge, in line with relevant regulations and standards.
• Good understanding of computational tools to guide tool development.
• Being able to perform pre-assessments in BREEAM/ LEED/ DGNB / WELL certification - min. 1 required, more preferred.
• Technical / Software skills: Environmental, Energy/Thermal Modelling and Whole life Carbon performance analysis software e.g. Energyplus, ClimateStudio, One-Click LCA, Carbon Calculator.
• Additional understanding of Design for Disassembly, Circularity and Biodiversity.
• Willingness to travel internationally.
We look forward to receiving your CV, portfolio and a short motivation letter via the 'Apply now' button below.